The Idea of Starting a blog was always appealing but similarly intimidating. So Finally I signed up- But had nothing to write about. I also felt my writing was too little..But blogging is just that right..it is a little piece of you. (And that something i felt was missing from my webpage -a real time experience of me)
So Here goes..
I have always kept journals of my travels so this would be the perfect opportunity to start. I am that kind of girl that lives in the past- in past memories and great experiences. So capturing every minute is something that love to live and re-live..
21 September: JHB-> AD
For a few years now mom and I have been planning to visit "The Big Apple". So When the opportunity arose we grabbed it...like really grabbed it.
Now the prospect of travelling to the United States does not seem that appealing . I do think they are the least intelligent, least democratic , and least attractive people in the world. But in my head New York- the concrete jungle, is set far apart from this notion. I do know, however, I will r be facing the reality sooner than later.
This cynicism I blame on other peoples stories, but mostly for being this critical Media girl-Thank you Rhodes (but thats is another story all together).
We flew Etihad airways to Abu Dhabi to break what would be almost a 22 hour flight to the USA. We left at 13:30 pm and arrived at 10:00 pm SA time
I must compliment Etihad airlines on their excellent service. There seats are spacious and comfortable, decent blankets and a wide variety of movies to chose from -well done. After seeing and religiously complaining about air-hostesses that don't smile and look like they are from the East Rand. Etihad has prim proper ladies (and men) that just had the Smiles coming- Double Well done. (pretty air hostesses with big smiles make my heart sing). But Mostly I would like to thank them for the drop dead gorgeous steward on my flight that i stared at for the full 8 hour flight. And i'm that girl that sleeps as the plane hits the run way and wakes up 10 minutes berfore landing. Really it was love at first sight (and my heart really sang).
The City of Abu Dhabi, Just like Dubai (not sure why i was expceting anything less) is just as full of affluence. Big Buildings and fancy cars are what you are faced with as soon as you exit the airport.
Checked into the Radisson BLU hotel on Yas Island. YAS Island is where the ABu Dhabi Grand Prix is held, which will take place in november this year . If only our plans fell into place a few months later. The Radisson is a beautiful Hotel situated across the famous YAS Hotel. and the YAS Marina Circuit.. The YAS Island is a real island just the Marina is Man Made.
SO its 1:30 am on wednesday night. The Abu Dhabi weekend starts tomorrow. The plan is to go to Ferrari World where the worlds fastest Rollercoaster resides. YEsss!
If all pans out..it will be epic.
Good Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment